Wall of Sorrow is a physical Floor 6 challenge introduced in Series 1, it is similar to Body Shock
The Caretaker's Explanation of the Game: Edit
To succeed at this challenge, the Unfortunates have to rebuild the Wall of Sorrow. To pass, the wall must be complete at the end of 90 seconds. They'll have to keep their wits about, because at some point all the lights will go out and the saboteur will strike and then them unfortunates will find out why we call it the Wall of Sorrow. Quick! Get building! Remember, the wall must be finished at the end of the challenge.
The layout is somewhat very simple, the room has green walls with a large purple 6 at the back. In the centre is a wall that separates the room in half with some bricks on one side and some bricks on the other side. There's also a statue on both sides of the wall and a plant growing on both sides as well.
The Unfortunates must work together to ensure that the wall is fully completed at the end of 90 seconds. They must ensure the bricks are stacked equally and mostly neatly. During the challenge, the lights will be completely shut off resulting in a "blackout", these usually occur at the most unprecedented of occasions and there is no warning prior to the Unfortunates. When this happens, someone (i.e the Saboteur) will proceed to ruin the wall by pushing the wall down, resulting in the Unfortunates being forced back to square one and have to rebuild the wall. The voice tells the Saboteur when the lights are coming on and generally directs them on how they can destroy the wall in creative ways (usually framing another Unfortunate by having most of the pieces near them). A general tip given is to make sure the Saboteur is not the only Unfortunate on the other side of the wall, because it may give the game away.
Saboteurs and Unfortunates Trapped Edit
- Series 1, Episode 3 (Cambridge) - The Saboteur was Zahrah. Zahrah ruined the game and got away with it. Wolfgang received 3 votes as Saboteur and got trapped. Zahrah later escaped the Tower.
- Series 1, Episode 7 (Brighton) - The Saboteur was Joe. Joe ruined the game and got away with it. Jaimee received 3 votes as Saboteur and got trapped. Joe was later chosen as Saboteur again on Floor 3, and trapped on Floor 2.
- Series 1, Episode 10 (Newcastle) - The Saboteur was Molly. Molly ruined the game and got away with it. Vanessa received 5 votes as Saboteur and got trapped. Molly was later trapped on Floor 3.
- Series 2, Episode 3 (Norwich) - The Saboteur was Holly. Holly ruined the game and got away with it. Ben received 3 votes as Saboteur and got trapped. Holly later escaped the Tower.
- Series 2, Episode 7 (Brighton) - The Saboteur was Josh. Josh ruined the game, but got a tied vote with Ellie and drew the short straw, meaning he was trapped.
- Series 2, Episode 11 (Bristol) - The Saboteur was Chris. Chris ruined the game, but was detected for being too noisy and being too close to the wall.
- Series 3, Episode 4 (Newport) - The Saboteur was Chloe. Chloe ruined the game and got away with it. Shravan received 3 votes as Saboteur and got trapped. Chloe later escaped the Tower.
- Series 3, Episode 10 (Hackney) - The Saboteur was Osman. Osman ruined the game, but was detected for giving himself away as the Saboteur.
- Wall of Sorrow is the most played Floor 6 challenge that debuted in the first series and is also the second most played Floor 6 challenge in the show (Behind Body Shock)
- In series 1, the voice reminds the saboteur that she will be the one who will turn off all the lights in the room. From series 2 onwards, this piece of information is omitted and the voice instead just mentions how the room will turn pitch black instead.
- In series 1, during a blackout. The music would stop and then play again when the light came back on.
- Additionally, the wall in series 1 would wail loudly in sorrow when the lights were turned back on (Hence the name), but this detail was taken out by the next series.
- Wall of Sorrow is one of two Floor 6 games that debuted in Series 1 to return in Series 2 and 3. The other being Goblet of Ice