Extraction is a mental Floor 3 challenge introduced in Series 2.
The Caretaker's Explanation of the Game Edit
Take a seat, this is Extraction. To pass this challenge, unfortunates must extract three rotten teeth from the Whinging Werewolf, but beware! If they pull out a healthy tooth, the werewolf will shake and howl in pain. Pull out three healthy teeth and they fail!
The layout is very plain. There are little decorations, and only the green wallpaper with a big purple 3 against the wall. To the side there is a table for the Unfortunates to put the teeth they have pulled out, and in the middle there is the Whinging Werewolf.
Challenge Character Edit
The Whinging Werewolf is a large wolf that sits in a dentist's chair in the middle of the room. He wears a bright blue patients clothing, which covers his whole face apart from his mouth and nose (you can't see his eyes). He also has mouth pegs that keep his mouth wide open so the Unfortunates can pull the teeth out. He can growl, and screams when the Unfortunates pull out a healthy tooth, but sighs quietly if they pull out a rotten tooth.
The three Unfortunates have to decide which tooth to pull out from the Whinging Werewolf. There are three colours (black, yellow and white) and two different types (teeth with two 'points' at the end, and teeth with only one long 'point'), while some teeth also have cracks and some don't. All together there are 16 teeth to pull out. If they pull out three rotten teeth, they pass. If not, they will fail. At the start of the challenge, The Voice tells the Saboteur which characteristic the healthy teeth will have.
Saboteurs and Unfortunates Trapped Edit
- Series 2, Episode 1 (Wolverhampton) - The Saboteur was Sophie. In it, teeth with two points were healthy. Sophie ruined the game and got away with it, with Olivia being trapped instead. Sophie was then trapped on Floor 2.
- Series 2, Episode 5 (Liverpool) - The Saboteur was Jasmine, who had also been the Saboteur in Body Shock, on Floor 6. Teeth with one point were healthy. Jasmine ruined the game but she was detected for being too bossy.
- Series 2, Episode 9 (Birmingham) - The Saboteur was Rhiana. Teeth with cracks were healthy. Rhiana ruined the game and didn't get a single vote! Instead, Jonah was trapped. Rhiana escaped and is the only saboteur in Extraction to escape the tower.
- Series 2, Episode 13 (Wakefield) - The Saboteur was William. White teeth were healthy in that game. William ruined the game and got away with it, with Jake being trapped instead. William was later trapped on Floor 2.
- Series 3, Episode 3 (Sutton Coldfield) - The Saboteur was Tom. Yellow teeth were healthy. Tom failed to sabotage the challenge and was detected for not talking and being too scared of the werewolf.
- Series 3, Episode 5 (Maidstone) - The Saboteur was George. All teeth on the bottom jaw were healthy. George ruined the game and didn't get a single vote! Instead, Rebecca was trapped. George was later trapped on Floor 2.
- Series 3, Episode 8 (Paisley) - The Saboteur was Adam, who had also been the saboteur in Body Shock on Floor 6. All teeth on the top jaw were healthy. Adam ruined the challenge and got away with it, with Mbalwani being trapped instead. Adam was later trapped on Floor 2.
- Series 3, Episode 11 (Leeds) - The Saboteur was Daniel. White teeth were healthy again. Daniel failed to sabotage the challenge and was also detected for being too loud in the task.
- Rhiana is the only Saboteur in this challenge to escape the Tower.
- Rhiana and George are the only Saboteurs to successfully sabotage the challenge without getting a single vote.
- Tom and Daniel are the only Saboteurs who failed to sabotage the challenge.
- Extraction is the most played Floor 3 challenge in the series.
- Jasmine is the only Saboteur to successfully sabotage the challenge but get detected.
- In Series 2, Episode 13 (Wakefield), there was a goof. The wall had a 5 on it instead of a 3, which was likely a mistake on the producers’ part.